Want more Food Tips and Nutritional Information? Be sure to join our Secret Facebook Group to get FREE tips and tricks for like-minded individuals and families!
Remember these as a kid? Little Debbie sure knew how to make 'em. Now you can, too! Food Tip Tuesday brings you a healthier version of this lunch bag favorite.
1 cup dark chocolate chips
2 1/2 cups puffed quinoa
2 teaspoons coconut oil
1 cup dates, halved and pitted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup coconut milk or unsweetened almond milk
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Slice dates and cover in a small bowl with hot water. Allow to soak for 5 minutes. Then drain and transfer to a high powered blender. Add salt, coconut milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract. Blend on high until smooth.
3. Microwave chocolate chips for 30-second intervals, stirring after each, until almost melted. Stir coconut oil into chocolate, until everything has melted. Allow to cool for 2 minutes.
4. Place puffed quinoa in a large bowl. Stir in date caramel followed by the melted chocolate. Gently fold mixture until completely coated.
5. Scoop mixture onto prepared baking sheet, using your fingers to form about 12 tight discs. Press gently down on top of each. Using a small piece of parchment helps.
6. Refrigerate and allow to set for about 2 hours. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Nutrition (per 60g Serving)*
Cal- 230 vs. 300
Carb- 35 vs. 44
Fiber- 8 vs. 0 (Yes, our's have FIBER!)
Protein- 5 vs. 2
Sugar- 13 vs. 26
*Compared to the original star crunch*
**Serving Size could easily be halved as well**
Want More Blue Titan On Demand?
Visit https://www.bluetitanathome.com to learn more about our current offers!