Movie Night Snacks!
FOOD TIP TUESDAY STYLE!
Pizza Bites are a pretty healthy treat considering the alternatives. With only 138 cal/6 slices, these are a great way to incorporate the nutritional benefits of a sweet potato into your evening treat.
· 2 sweet potatoes, sliced into 1/2-inch thick rounds· 1 tablespoon olive oil· Salt to taste· 1/4 cup pizza sauce· 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated· Basil to tasteAbout 12 Slices Pepperoni (Or topping of choice)
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Rinse sweet potatoes
3. Slices sweet potatoes 1/2 in thick
4. Mix slices in a bowl with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt.
5. Spread evenly on the baking sheets, leaving about 1 inch between slices.
6. Place into 375 degree oven
7. Cook for about 20 minutes
8. Flip over and bake for 5 more minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Top each slice with pizza sauce, basil, and a sprinkle of cheese. Add pepperoni.
10. Bake for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.