CAN’T WAIT FOR GIRL SCOUT COOKIE SEASON?
Food Tip Tuesday has your THIN MINTS!
No refined sugar or bleached white flour, AAANNNDDDD they’re non-dairy!
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
1 tablespoon almond milk (room temp)
1 cup almond flour· 1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For The Chocolate Coating·
5 ounces dark chocolate, chopped·
1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
2. Whisk coconut oil, almond milk, maple syrup, and coconut sugar in a bowl. Add the peppermint extract.
3. In a separate bowl combine almond flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing together until completely homogeneous.
4. On a well-floured surface (or parchment paper), turn out the dough and form into a 1/16-inch-thick disc. Use a small round cookie cutter to cut out cookies and carefully transfer them to the prepared sheet.
5. Bake cookies for about 9 minutes. These are like a shortbread so you want them to be crisp! Allow to cool completely.
6. When you are ready to dip the cookies in chocolate, line a cookie sheet with wax paper. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between each heating until completely smooth.
7. Using a fork, dip cookie in chocolate, scraping off excess before transporting to the wax paper. Repeat, or simply drizzle on remaining chocolate. Pop in the freezer for 20 minutes to set.Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months!Makes one dozen cookies (twice as big as Girl Scout Thin Mints)
Nutrition Facts: 1 BIG Cookie:
3.4 g Protein